Coconut Crumbed Tofu
- 1packet of firm tofu (approximately 500 g)
- 1packet of shredded coconut
- 1tbsp + 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1bag of mixed leafy green salad, washed
- 1punnet of cherry tomatoes, washed and halved
- 1 to 2wedges of fresh lemon
- Slice the tofu into 1 cm thick rectangular slices.
- Sprinkle shredded coconut onto a plate.
- Whisk the egg and dip one slice of tofu first in the beaten egg and then coat tofu in shredded coconut. Repeat with the remaining slices of tofu.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan and cook the tofu slices for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are golden brown.
- Remove and place onto a paper towel to dry off any excess oil.
- Place salad greens onto a serving platter.
- Arrange halved cherry tomatoes and coconut tofu slices on top of the green salad.
- Drizzle over 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and a squeeze of lemon as a dressing.
Nori Rolls with Cashew Cream
- 1cup of cashew nuts, soaked
- 1 cup of cashews covered in filtered water and placed in a covered jar in the fridge for approximately 4 to 6 hours – drain before use
- 4nori sheets
- ½avocado, stone and skin removed, lightly crushed with a fork
- A selection of raw vegetables (e.g. julienned carrot, capsicum, or cucumber; raw sprouts, fresh coriander, etc.)
- 2palm-sized pieces of firm tofu, thinly sliced or 1 palm-sized portion
- Cashew cream (see recipe above)
- A little water to stick down the nori roll edges
- Drain cashews from their soaking water, add nuts to a preferably high-speed blender and starting slowly at first, increase speed until a finely textured smooth cream is formed. Set cream aside.
- Lay each nori sheet onto a cutting board. Spread a small amount of avocado along the side closest to you, approximately 2 cm from the edge.
- Place a small selection of your julienned vegetables, sprouts and/ or coriander, along with some sliced tofu (or other protein) on top of the avocado, forming a straight line.
- Drizzle a little cashew cream over the vegetables and tofu (any remaining cashew cream can be used for other recipes).
- To roll the nori rolls: lift the edge of the nori sheet closest to you and fold over your tofu, vegetable and cashew cream mixture.
- Tuck in the edge under the vegetable mix before rolling carefully away from you to form a tube shaped roll.
- Dampen the far edge (approximately 1 cm) of the nori sheet with water to help seal the roll before finishing the roll.
- Place the finished nori roll edge side down so it can stick firmly while you put together the remaining rolls.
- Cut each nori roll into bite size pieces to serve.
* This recipe also works with rice paper rolls,
Mexican Style Scrambled Tofu
- 3handfuls of mixed tomato, zucchini, onion or other recommended vegetables of your choice, diced
- 1tbsp of olive oil
- 1tsp of mixed herbs
- 2palm-sized portions of soft/silken tofu
- Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
- Paprika to season
- Finely chop vegetables, add to oiled frying pan and sauté with mixed herbs until tender. Add tofu, breaking up and stirring until heated through.
- Add 2 drops of Tabasco (optional) and season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Place on plate and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Serve with Tabasco sauce on side.
Almond Meal Falafels
1/2 Cup almond meal pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
20 g coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 cup zucchini grated
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh chopped
2 tablespoons coriander, (cilantro), fresh chopped
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
Place all of the ingredients, except the baking soda and coconut flour in a food processor and blitz until combined.
Spoon the mixture into a bowl and add the baking soda and coconut. Mix well. Add more coconut flour if required.
Take about a tablespoon of the mixture, and make into balls, flattening slightly.
Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm.
Heat the olive oil on a medium heat in a frying pan.
Fry the falafel on both side for until golden and firm.
Savoury Indian Pancakes
- oil/fat of choice, use enough to shallow fry
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- Make the batter, Add almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut milk and spices to a bowl – mix together.
- Then, stir in the onion, coriander and ginger.
- Fry pancakes, Heat a saute pan on low-medium heat, add enough oil/fat to coat your pan – then pour ¼ cup of batter onto pan. Spread the mixture out on your pan.
- Fry this for about 3-4 minutes per side – drizzle a bit more oil on top of the pancake before you flip it. (Stoves vary, so cook until both sides are golden brown).
- Repeat until batter is done – continue to add oil as needed.
Questions? Ask and expert Naturopath
Not sure if you should follow the FODMAP Plan?
How do you know which diet plan is right for you?
Our Naturopath Rachael Reed is an expert in designing the best diet plan to suit your individual needs. Come into the clinic or organise a skype consult and Rachael will guide you in a program that works.
Get started today with expert advice.
Rachael Reed is a exceptional naturopath with over ten years clinial experience. She works extensively with both hormone and allergy patients. Rachael is an author, researcher and trainer and offers a wealth of practical knowledge and support.
A system of medicine designed to address the underlying causes of your symptoms.
Naturopathic Medicine uses natural remedies including herbs, supplements and diet advice to improve your health and prevent disease.
Suitable for those who wish to play and active role in their health and prevent the use of excess medications and their side effects.
SPECIAL OFFER TO START YOUR DETOX
– Detox Consult with Live Blood Microscopy
– ONLY $59.99
– Receive individual advice for your most effective detox.
THE NATUROPATHIC CONSULTATION
Would you like to improve your energy?
Would you like to learn how to decrease your need for medications?
Would you like to address the causes of your symptoms?
Would you like to optimise your health and prevent disease in the future?
BENEFITS OF NATURAL MEDICINE
Learn simple and effective techniques to transform your energy.
Learn the weight loss program that will work best for your body type and health issues.
Learn how to get rid of bloating, reflux, constipation and diarrhoea for good.
Allergies and Sensitivities
Tired of living with sneezing, itchy eyes, congestion and skin rashes? We offer advanced natural allergy therapies to address these symtoms.
Stress and Anxiety
Are you feeling overwhelmed and struggling to cope? Natural medicine offers safe alternativeS to pharmaceutical drugs.
We work with a wide range of hormone issues including thyroid issues, period pain, PMS, menopause and fertility.
MTHFR and Pyrrole Disorder
We test for and guide you in understanding and treating these common genetice disorders.
We use a combination of Bioresonance Therapy, dietary and nutritional advice to help manage they symptoms of chronic pain.
We specialise in reducing inflammation and the symptoms of auto immune conditions such as thyroid and joint disorders.